Debian Install- Java Runtime Environment
I had sort of a hard time figuring out how to install the Java Runtime Environment on my Debian box, so here are some instructions. I am including how to get the JRE plugin working with Mozilla Firefox, so that you can see Java applets when browsing the internet.
There are excellent instructions at Java.com (I'm not sure why it took me so long to find them, but hopefully this will spare someone else the trouble of digging them up). I have some suggestions to make before you go there, though.
1. Don't download the RPM file, just get the self-extracting binary.
2. You need root access to the computer you're installing it on (of course).
3. To install the Firefox plugin, follow the steps listed on the web site, replacing the Mozilla browser directory with the installation directory of Firefox.
That's it!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word of the Day: Propitious
Article of the Day: "Listening In: The FBI wants to make universities spend up to $7 billion to allow "internet wiretaps." Now CMU is fighting for your privacy."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home