New computer problems
I got a replacement (a pre-built HP) for the computer that I mentioned in my last post. I am still waiting to hear back from FedEx about things regarding that one. In any case, I am working on getting Debian up and running, and a problem very similar to the one I mentioned in this post. I got past that (no more kernel panics!), although I'm not entirely sure how I fixed it (played with BIOS settings and different things with the Debian installer until it booted).
Now the problem I'm having is that GDM hangs up when it starts up, right after I type in my username and password at the login screen. I would prefer to use KDE, but I guess the default display manager is Gnome. It's not detecting my mouse, either. I seem to have similar problems every time I try to use a graphical display manager, and I never remember how I fixed it the previous time.
So, more to come later, when I get it fixed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word of the Day: Predilection
Article of the Day: Republic vs. Democracy


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home