Dear America
This link will take you to a letter entitled "Dear America" by Lt. Kevin Brown of the USMC. The subject is something that I believe I have mentioned in this blog at least once before: you cannot support the troops while protesting the mission. I felt the need to post it again.
It bothers me that when people ask me what my boyfriend's doing (he is in the Army), instead of being supportive, exclaim, "Why would he want to do that?!" in a disconcerted, almost disgusted way. Then they ask me how I feel about it, as if they are expecting me to disagree with what he's doing, too. They always seem shocked when I say that I fully support him and am very proud of him for going into the Army. What do they expect me to say, that I'm disappointed with my boyfriend for protecting their freedom? Yeah, right. If our beliefs digressed that much, I wouldn't be with him in the first place.
Many people tell me that they don't understand why he's doing what he's doing. What is there to understand about joining the Army? He is risking his life to protect your freedom! What more justification is needed?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word of the Day: Quiddity
Article of the Day: Top 10 Things You Should Know about Ronald Reagan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home