Dave Barry's Physics
Today, this Dave Barry article was in The Poly. Normally, I don't read The Poly, but I saw another student reading this article and since Dave Barry always entertains me, I decided to grab a copy. This specific article really made me giggle, because it's about physics and such, and, well... physics is one of my majors. At the moment I'm attemtping to study for a test on quantum physics and I'm sort of lost doing second order partial differentiation, Laplacian operators, Schroedinger's equation, the Klein-Gordon equation (and the like).
Unfortunately, the math for all this quantum physics is difficult enough, but the professor doesn't really explain the concepts that go along with it! Do you think he'll get mad if I either quote
Point One: Whatever you think about anything is wrong.or just write "It's 'cos of quantum" (Terry Pratchett) on my test? Yeah, I thought so.
Point Two: There is no such thing as Point One. You THINK there is a Point One, but that just shows what a physics moron you are.
Point Three: There are an infinite number of possible Point Threes, and they are all equally true, and you will never understand ANY of them.
These are the times that I wish I had already taken Differential Equations. I'm hoping that after all of this, that class will be easier for me when I take it next semester.
I love Physics so much! And it's a good thing, too, because otherwise, I'd give up.
Oh, and I actually have read The Brothers Karamazov all the way through, and I'm obviously NOT an English major. Is that weird?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word of the Day: Badinage
Article of the Day: America's Favorite Socialist Dictator by my friend MattyN


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home