Random ramblings

9.27.2005

Unable to concentrate

I have gotten 2 assignments submitted so far this week: one at 2 on Monday morning (DSA sucks), and one this afternoon. This has made me considerably happier. Now I have time to study for my 3 exams this week (Theoretical Physics comes next week)! However, I find myself with a headache, unable to comprehend the meaning of questions I know should be relatively simple. Questions I know I know the answer to, if only the my brain had a pointer to the correct memory location, instead of a pointer to some random junk...

I think I am finally starting to get into the mental mode needed for my classes. It looks like it. I make metaphors that liken my brain to a computer program, and put up away messages along the lines of "somewhere in 4-dimensional relativistic space-time." I get confused when a non-programmer responds with a blank look or "I thought trees were green" when I try to rant about DSA (boo to red-black trees).

I think I am going to try to write things: general blogging and occasional political stuff for the Poly and The Icon (provided The Icon actually gets going this semester). The past few days I have felt the intense urge to do something less mathematical in some of the spare time I *should* be using to study but don't want to completely waste. We'll see what ends up happening with that.

On a slightly different note, it still boggles my mind that people pull all-nighters studying, or "studying" for classes. I know for sure that I would forfeit my GPA in order to gain more studying/homework time. I know that everyone works differently, but I do feel odd when everyone around me is running easily off of 4 or fewer hours of sleep, and I am barely functioning with 6.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Word of the Day: Dilatory

Article of the Day:Whimpering About Poverty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home